Last week I asked what you would like to see more of over on Insta-stories, and so many responded with beauty, with particular mentions for both evening and morning routines, so I thought I would share my current beauty regime here on the blog. I say ‘current’ because I get sent lots of new products to try, and while I don’t like to change my routine too often (it’s not ideal for my skin) I do love trying new products and beauty is constantly evolving and advancing. I also find that my skin needs different products at different times of the month to when it comes to cleansers for example, I have quite a few on the go, and will select which product I use depending on how my skin is feeling.
*Please note that this post contains some affiliate links*
The top shelf is my evening routine and the bottom is for morning.
From left to right
4. SkinCeuticals HA Intensifier – £85 These are three Hyaluronic Acids that I use. Obviously I don’t use all three at once, but they are all great products. The SkinCeuticals range doesn’t come cheap but their products are really GOOD. The Dr Sebagh Serum Repair (£69) is another lovely plumping product that leaves your skin feeling very hydrated. And finally DCL, Hydra Boost Finishing Serum (£98) is another great product, if you have the budget. These three are all quite pricey, so if you are looking for a cheaper alternative I can highly recommend the Vichy Hyaluronic Mineral 89 (£22)
5. Elemis Ultra Smart Pro Collagen Morning Eye Balm – £145 If you read my recent blog you will know that I have been using this new Pro- Collagen range from Elemis. So far I am hugely impressed.
6. Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream – £85 – This is a product that I discovered last year and despite trying lots of different moisturisers it’s a product that I always want to come back to. (And have bought myself) I should add that I don’t always use both HA and Moisturiser. Sometimes I feel my skin doesn’t need both, but often it does!
7. Elta MD Tinted Sunscreen – I cannot rave about this sunscreen enough! I get mine from Medicetics so I can’t find it online to link but I use it every single day, come rain or shine. SPF is one step I never miss out! I have just ordered myself the Dr Sam Bunting new Flawless SPF -£29 to try. I watched Nadine Baggott’s latest youtube video and she said that if you like Elta MD, you will love this product, so I couldn’t resist ordering it to see for myself. My sunscreen needs to be REALLY light, high in zinc, oil free and non-comedogenic.
5. Retinol Capsules from Elizabeth Arden – £42 for 30 – I was sent a pot of these as a press sample and have been purchasing ever since. I don’t use one a night, probably 3/4 times a week. One is enough for face and neck and it melts into the skin.
6. Elemis Ultra-Smart Pro Collagen Eye Cream – £145 for the duo as per above. I think its really important to use an eye cream – the skin around our eyes is much thinner and more sensitive than the rest of our face. I use this with the Elemis eye tool that it comes with which is very soothing and relaxing.
7. Paula’s Choice Exfoliate – £22.10 – This really is a wonderful product which I bought recently after it was recommended to me by Nadine Baggott when I had a break out. I am SO impressed with it. I don’t use it every day, but I dab on breakouts or black -head prone areas such as around my nose and chin and it really helps. Probably one of the most effective spot treatments I have tried.
8. DPro-Collagen Definition Face and Neck Serum – £92 – This was sent to me to try and I have been using it religiously on my chest since it arrived. The texture and appearance of my skin has really improved. Although it’s really effective it’s probably a little too expensive for me to continue using but it really has made me realise that I need to be looking after the skin on my chest the same way I do my face.
9. Elemis Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream – £99 – This is the most amazing night cream which helps your skin regenerate while you sleep.
10. Lumity Life Facial Oil – £48 – I am a huge fan of a facial oil and massage before I go to sleep. I have tried many facial oils and this is the one I always come back to.
I know you’re probably thinking woah, that’s not normal, that’s a LOT of product. I hear you, but it’s part of my job to test out products and I will only recommend products on my blog that I believe in.