December 13, 2017
Gift Ideas for the men in your life…
Why are men SO hard to buy for? They always seem to own everything and need nothing…Perhaps it’s because, unlike us, they really don’t require very much. Generally speaking, they don’t wear make-up, have modest wardrobes (one pair of black shoes. Can you even imagine living in a world where one pair of black shoes was enough?!!!) and spend most of their time at work! And I don’t know about yours, but my man happens to be a bit of a fusspot too. (It’s ok, he doesn’t read my blog 🙂
With this in mind, I have put together a few gift ideas. Most of them taken from things my husband loves and already owns and a few of these I have bought him for Christmas. Hopefully there might be one or two ideas that will be useful.
- Krups Coffee Machine – £79 We recently bought one of these after our Magimix Nespresso machine gave up the ghost. (We had had it for 3 years, it served us well) My husband did his research and this one came up trumps for value for money, simplicity, ease of use and the amount of space it would take up. We have had it for 3 months now and I would heartily recommend it.
- Launer Leather Wallet – £185 Yes, they are expensive, but Launer wallets are for life. The leather is beautiful, and their designs are elegant and timeless. They were sold out in John Lewis online, but I am sure you could find in store.
- Falke Socks – £20 Well it wouldn’t be Christmas without a gift of a pair of socks, would it? And I think if you are going to gift socks, make them them good ones!
- Bunks Trunks – £65 Swimming trunks aren’t just for summer if you have kids. The joys of indoor pools mean daddies are on pool duty all year round. (Just to be clear I am talking about leisure centres and gym swimming pools, not indoor pools in homes, but hey, if you have one, then can I please be your best friend?) I love the designs of these Bunks Trunks and they would make the perfect present.
- Man Caves Book – £6.99 The mandatory humorous book for his stocking…
- Jerusalem by Ottolenghi – £27 My husband is really into cooking, so this is a perfect ‘Mrlovestoshop’ gift. I do appreciate that A) I am very lucky he loves cooking and B) that he may be a rare breed? I thought I would include it because it would make a great gift for anyone who loves cooking. The recipes are de-licious.
- Acqua di Parma – £64 One of my favourite fragrances for men. Fragrance is such a personal choice but I do think the Acqua di Parma range is a good place to start.
- Cashmere Hoodie – £99 I don’t think you can ever go wrong with a cashmere jumper. I really loved this one and thought it was a good price.
- Le Creuset Frying Pan – from £165 Okay this might seem slightly off-piste, but you cannot beat a Le Creuset toughened non-stick frying pan. We have them in every size and they were the best investment (wedding gits) as they are still going strong 13 years later.
- Apple AirPods – £159 The perfect gift for the tech loving man and no more untangling wires.
- Chess Board – £29.95 from Harvey Nichols For the chess player in your life. This is attractive enough to stay out on any coffee table.
- Sheepskin Slippers – £34.28 When it comes to slippers, you simply can’t go wrong with sheepskin. Who wouldn’t want to find these under the tree on Xmas morning ?
May the shopping force be with you…