November 30, 2017
Ten failsafe gifts for girlfriends
Buying a little something for your girlfriends at Xmas time is such a lovely thing to do, especially if you swap gifts over a festive lunch in town. (Blog post on favourite spots to lunch in London coming soon!) It’s a way of saying thank you for being there all year. The friends that keep you smiling and sane when you feel like tearing your hair out and hiding. Sometimes it’s a text, sometimes it’s a phone-call in distress or if you’re lucky, a quick coffee. At best, a dinner a deux while the husbands watch the kids. Any time spend with them can make you feel like the world has been lifted off your shoulders. So what better way of saying thank you than buying them a thoughtful gift. I have chosen ten gifts that I believe every friend would love to receive.
- Aesop HandWash – £27. Who wouldn’t love a bottle of this? Spending £27 on handwash for yourself always feels a little extravagant, so it makes the perfect gift. (If you’re like me it tends to get put away until we have guests over!)
- Diptique Baies Candle – £60. You can’t go wrong with a posh candle. Baies is one of my all time favourite scents. If £60 feels a bit too much to spend, then the smaller version is £45.
- Oribe Gold Lust Hair Oil – £48. This is the most amazing hair oil and a bottle like this would last a long time because a little goes a long way. It’s on my wish list this xmas.
- Eve Lom Kiss Mix – £16. One of the best lip balms I have ever used. Perfect for dry chapped winter lips.
- Seche Vite – £9. Whether your friend is likes to DIY or prefers a trip to the salon, this top coat is simply the best. I usually use it on day 2 of a salon mani to make them last longer.
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – £33. This is another cult beauty product that everyone should own. It really works. I usually try to use it every Sunday evening. I often put it on the ends before bed and allow it to work overnight. When you wash your hair in the morning you can’t believe how soft it is.
- Ortigia Room Spray – £30. I am a little obsessed with Ortigia. All of their evocative fragrances transport you back in time to holidays and this room spray is one of my firm favourites.
- Spacemasks – £15 for a box of 5. The most thoughtful gift for a girlfriend who needs a little home pampering. These spacemasks heat up on your eyes and allow you to relax completely after a stressful day.
- Lilou et Loic Candles – surely the most beautiful packaging for a candle I have ever seen. When the candle is lit and the flame dances, it looks like the wings are flapping. It’s quite mesmerising. Such a beautiful gift that almost anyone would love to receive.
- Chanel Rouge Noir – £17. Another cult classic that I think everyone should have in their beauty armoury.
Leave a Reply