I dusted off my old navy trench coat today and enjoyed wearing it so much I thought I would have a look around for similar options. It’s the perfect coat for these sunny but chilly days and I always feel it adds a touch of elegance to my outfit. My coat is fairly unstructured and quite long , which I love as it creates movement when I walk. (I bought it from Zara, a good few years ago now)
The trench coat is a wardrobe staple. The Burberry Kensington is the ultimate investment buy, but at £1395 I would rather opt for a good high street version for an item like this and splurge on bags and shoes.
I have looked at a LOT of trench coats this evening, and these are my top picks.
- I like to push or roll my sleeves up to give it a relaxed look.
- I wear my coat open and tie the belt in knot at the back to give it a better shape
- Look for a lined coat. Mine has a contrast light blue lining which I love.
- If you do want to do your trench up, consider tying the belt in front rather than doing it up properly. (as per the photo of Emmanuelle Alt below)
- Pop the collar to give your look a cool edge..
All style inspo images via Pinterest