A classic black coat is one of my winter wardrobe essentials. With temperatures dropping, it feels like it’s time to reach for a ‘proper’ coat and I was very glad of mine today. I bought my coat from Maje last year and it was a real investment at around £400, so I plan to wear it for years to come. When buying an investment coat, my advice would be to go for a simple and classic design that won’t date. Find a style that flatters your shape and make sure you that you can fit a jumper underneath it. If I was looking for a new coat now, I would look for a design with decent pockets, not too many buttons and no belt. In my experience the belt always gets lost and can be a faff to loop through and do up.
After a little trawl of the online offerings, here are my favourites…
- M&S Petite Waist Button Coat – £59 (BUY HERE)
- Mango Pockets Wool Coat – £79.99 (BUY HERE)
- J Crew Regent Wool Coat – £365 (BUY HERE)
- &Otherstories Double breasted Wool Coat – £165 (BUY HERE)
- M&S Wool Blend Double Breasted Coat – £149 (BUY HERE)
- M&S Collared Neck Coat With Cashmere – £119 (BUY HERE)
- Maje Gasparo Velvet Trim Coat – £370 (BUY HERE)
- Rag and Bone Felted Wool Coat – £600 (BUY HERE)
- &Otherstories Brushed Wool Blend Coat – £125 (BUY HERE)
And here’s the usual dose of style inspo via Pinterest…
Do you have a favourite black coat that comes out every year or is it currently an item on your wishlist ?
As always, I love to hear from you.