You are not going to believe this, but I don’t own a single pair of red shoes. And there will be something wrong with the world until I do! I ordered these (see pic above) from Office (massively reduced, erm, therein lies the clue) and they are possibly the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever squeezed my feet into. I think it’s probably a sizing issue, as they felt like more of a 4 than a 5, but since they are heading straight back, I thought I’d look at some other options.
Starting with trainers, because I seem to be favouring trainers over any other shoe these days…
- Converse Chuck Taylors from La Redoute – £65 but currently £25 off with code Xmas / BUY HERE
- Converse Chuck Taylor High Tops from La Redoute – £59 plus £25 off with code Xmas/ BUY HERE
- Golden Goose Deluxe Brand from Netaporter – £325 / BUY HERE
- Adidas Gazelle from La Redoute – £79 plus £25 off / BUY HERE
**I have actually just ordered the Gazelles. I couldn’t resist with the current discount**
Moving on to flats and heels. I have put a few designer items in this selection for the sake of comparison.
- Aquazzura (the look I was going for with my office dupes) – £415 from Netaporter – BUY HERE
- Mango Studded Flats – now £17.99 (sizes 4 and 5 available) – BUY HERE
- Alexander Wang – if you are a size 40 then these are a bargain. Were £370 now £185. Just look at that perfect heel height. BUY HERE
- M&S – £49.50. I think these are absolutely beautiful and I am seriously tempted. Stain Away Suede AND they have insolia. (That means comfort to you and me.) BUY HERE
- Mansur Gavriel Suede Pumps – £365 from Netaporter – BUY HERE
- J Crew from Netaporter – £220 – BUY HERE
- Charlotte Olympia – £495 from Netaporter – BUY HERE
- Rupert Sanderson – £565 from Netaporter – BUY HERE
- M&S Mid Heel – £29.50 – BUY HERE
- Gianvito Rossi – £430 from Netaporter (making the M&S ones above look like a total bargain!) – BUY HERE
- Gianvito Rossi – £425 from Netaporter – BUY HERE
- Chloe Red Scalloped Pumps – £370 from Netaporter – BUY HERE
- Mango Red Boots – I saw these in the flesh today and they are LOVELY. £79.99 BUY HERE
- La Redoute Heeled Loafers – £55 (plus £25 currently with code XMAS making them absolute bargain if you compare them to the GR ones above) – BUY HERE
- Lost Ink Red Loafers – now £38.40 from House of Fraser – BUY HERE
I have also just spotted these gorgeous boots from Topshop for £75. (on the right) The pair on the left are Saint Laurent (£495 from MyTheresa.com) Topshop also have a pair with a black heel very similar to the Mango pair above, but I think I prefer the solid red…
And these from M&S are probably my favourite in the ‘smart flats’ category… M&S – £39.50 Buy here
Here are a few of my own style rules when it comes to wearing red shoes…
- I try to avoid pairing red shoes with a red bag. In fact I would make the shoes the only item of red I wear. Lipstick excluded…
- Try accessorising red shoes with a leopard print bag – it’s a great combination
- Stick to neutrals with the rest of your outfit. Denim, white, black, leopard, grey, khaki are all colours that work well with red.
- Avoid wearing red shoes with anything green, unless you are entering the Mrs Santa Claus competition 🙂
- Keep your outfit classy. If you are wearing red shoes, I would avoid wearing them with anything too sexy and revealing. Low cut tops and red shoes can look a little ‘street corner’… But that’s just me, old Mrs. Playitsafe…
And here’s a dose of red shoe inspiration via pinterest for some styling ideas.
Have you seen a pair you like? Let me know!