I love a statement jumper, because it does all the work. Keep the rest of your outfit neutral and you have a look that’s minimal effort, maximum impact. If you are new to my blog, you may not know that I have recently made a commitment to myself (and the planet) to only buy knitwear made from natural fibres. I was lucky enough to be invited to Bicester Village recently, for the launch of their British Wool Collective Boutique. The beautiful blogging duo, Alice Shreeve and Hannah Coniam -Thompson from Belle and Bunty were there too, and wrote a fab blog piece about the day, which you can read here.
We had the lovely Alex James from Blur talking to us about his new documentary, ‘Slowing Down Fast Fashion’ and it really affirmed my recent decision to ‘always read the label’ which I wrote about in my blog post about natural fibres recently. So in today’s shopping post, I am afraid you won’t find any high street hits. This post is free from Acrylic! Of course jumpers that are made from natural fibres are more expensive, and won’t suit all budgets, but I do believe they are worth the investment. Buy and love forever if you look after them. (and by this I mean machine wash on cold, dry flat and cashmere comb when needed. No dryclean necessary)
With this in mind, I have tried to find bargains and have also included some pre-loved finds…
- Markus Lupfer ‘Speak No Evil’ Was £280 now £134.40 from the Outnet. *only small left*
- Mira Mikati ‘Be Happy’ Jumper – £36o from Net-a-Porter
- Isabel Marant “Blake Intarsia’ – Was £365 now £164.25 from The Outnet (just in and it also comes in black.)
- Edith Jumper from Boden – £99.50 but 25% off for 2 more days with code 7x9x
- Alice + Olivia ‘Carey Studded Sweater’ – Was £345 now £172.50 from The Outnet (just in and only medium and large left)
- Gucci – £890 from Net-A-Porter unattainable for most of us but good for inspiration!
- Equipment Houndstooth sweater – Was £270 now £108 from the Outnet
- Paul Smith Leopard Jumper – £195 at Very Exclusive
- Bella Freud ‘Ginsberg is God’ jumper – £290 from Net-a-Porter
- PRE-LOVED Markus Lupfer from Vestiaire Collective – now £41.65 with discount. (This jumper was over £300 new and has been worn a few times. I love it! Size Small)
4. Pre- loved from Joseph at Vestiaire Collective – £130 minus 15% discount with code MIDSALE. (Size 8-10)
If you don’t mind Pre-loved, Vestiaire Collective is a great place to find bargains. I have bought a few things through Vestiaire and have always been thrilled with the great condition and quality of the items. Remember you can make offers, you don’t always have to pay the price you see.
Are you a fan of the statement jumper? Are there any on your wishlist? Let me know!